transdada

poetics, time, body disruption and marginally queer solutions

Monday, November 10, 2003

recent books read on my trip to St. Louis-

1. The Magic of Blood, Dagoberto Glib, Grove Press, 1993
2. Deer Head Nation, K. Silem Mohammad, Tougher Disguise, 2003
3. Opera - poems 1981-2002, Barry Schwabsky, Meritage Press, 2003
4. The Lost Lunar Baedeker Poems, Mina Loy, The Noon Day Press, 1999
5. Rouge Pulp, Dorothy Barresi, University Press, 2002

1. very good story telling, wonderful entry into class and ethnicity.. these are wonderful stories.

2. this is funny funny funny and an edge that would catch me.. best of all I got to hear K. Silem Mohammad perform some of the work and it was (scary-!!)

3. wonderful link to NY school, a wonderful sexy edge to all this work..

4. what can I say, I feel in love again. this is my second read, I was more and better ready... by the time at 30,000 ft. I got to APHORISMS ON FUTURISM... I had to keep my seat belt buckled... we should never never forget Mina Loy... never go back many times...

5. I was given this as a gift... gifty poet books sometimes scare me.. THIS was a true gift. edgy, radical. witty. I am thinking feminism meets whitman. from Poem for an Impeachment:

The goon, the thug,
the steadiness of our affections,
the Mall of America,
let us sing these song!
A strippers breast tasseled with silk of autumn corn
like a ripe, wrong belonging
let us sing those songs, too.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home