transdada

poetics, time, body disruption and marginally queer solutions

Friday, February 13, 2004

And now for the late edition of gratitude to the NY section of my trip...belated as it maybe... ahh, what can I say.. NY.. NY.. it makes me want to move to India.... or San Francisco


First, Michael Smoler, artist, writer, and dear dear friend, who offered me a soft futon, and when my depression crept in like oil from hell took care of me, took me out to eat, somewhere in Brooklyn where we had many glasses of fine wine, and I had butternut squash bread pudding, which was a comforting combination.....could I offer enough gratitude to this individual never-.. but that is what compadres in the revolution are. and I loveloveloveyou Michael...


just a note... this is in no order of importance or hierarchal positioning-.. it just comes as it does...


Both Brenda Iijima and Alan Sondheim, organized the reading at Casper Jones Cafe, my one regret is Alan was unable to attend and I so much wanted to meet this individual who has generated enough work for ten books. And Brenda, who has a new book out, AROUND SEA on O books, 2004, who also does Yo Yo labs (see below - Allison Cobb's CELL), was the most gracious hosterest...


I was so honored to read with Charles Bernstein, who has done and offered so much to the poetry community. Charles read mostly from With Strings. The one thing I have always enjoyed so much about Charles work, is the use of humor which can be so lacking in some poetics....and I want to thank Charles for offering me a copy of Rough Trades.. a wonderful book.. thank you Charles...

those in a attendance were many... some dear dear friends and collaborators in poetic projects like, Christopher Martin, who is the editor of Puppyflower, and a wonderful poet. Brenda Coultas was in attendance, who is one of the sweetest souls I have ever met, and who has a fabulous book out called A HANDMADE MUSEUM.... this is a book not to be missed. Jen Coleman, Ethan Fugate and Allison Cobb were there and the reasons I put them all together is they are all editors of Pom2, on its 4th edition... yes!!!. I want to point out also Allison Cobb (see below yo-yo labs) has a new book out born2, which I only glanced at flying home, but looked delirious, delicious, dreamy [you pick]. ohm, yes.. I shall not forget...David Kirschenbaum who does Boog City, which is a poetry newspaper, that every city be lucky enough to have.. .. and I am sure I am missing some flokz... some wonderful folkz I sat and chatted with... but I cannot remember who else was there except someone named Rodrigo

being dyslexic, I do not always connect the z(s) with r(s)... so when Rodrigo, Brenda and I went out for some Costa Rician beans and rice, fired plantain, and beer, I felt like I was talking to two revolutionaries and the revolution could start any minute, as a matter of fact, the more beer we had, the more I contemplated onMolotov cocktails. Well, come to find out.. I was with a revolutionary.. Rodrigo Toscano, who wrote one of my all time favorite books, the kind of book that sends energy up and down my spine, Platform, from Atelos 2002...


so .. if I missed anyone..like the person who tired to pick me up at the heath food store, thank you thank you.. New York..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home