transdada

poetics, time, body disruption and marginally queer solutions

Friday, January 28, 2005

From: Human Rights Spanish Network

New Zealand recognizes same sex unions

Wellington, The New Zealand Herald.- The Civil Unions Bill was recently passed by Parliament. Parliament voted 65-55 to pass the controversial legislation which has polarized opinion and split political parties. The new legislation will become effective on April 26 next year, when couples can commit themselves to the new civil union.

The minister in charge of the bill, David Benson-Pope, said "Once this bill is passed, and the sky doesn't fall in, the opposition to it will very quickly evaporate,” he added , "It gives the simplest of things -- the formal recognition and respect by our laws for the individual choices of New Zealanders

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger San Diego real estate broker said...

Hi, Not what I was searching for, but none the less an interesting blog you have here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading a lot of the text here. I’ve got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back. My sites are quite a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have three legal directory sites that list local lawyers and also great legal advice articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home