transdada

poetics, time, body disruption and marginally queer solutions

Saturday, September 04, 2004

its easy to *not* see this as a trans murder in the wording, especially in the use of transvestite which implies a man (?) in woman's clothes.... this is a gender bias hate crime again a trans female.. make no mistake about it...!!


Arrest made in transvestite (sic) murder
(New Haven-WTNH)


Police have made an arrest in the year-old murder of a transvestite.

32-year-old Michael Streater is charged with fatally stabbing Jessica Mercado.

Detectives found the body of Mercado, once known as Horacio, following a fire in Mercado's Chapel Street apartment in May of 2003.

Police say Streater stabbed Mercado to death and then tired to burn the body.



~

PROTEST WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION AND DEMAND EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION AGAINST DISCRIMINATION


On July 1, 2004, Alex Franco Acebo was fired from Invescol, a private security company in Guayaquil, Ecuador. He had worked for the company for two years. According to Invescol Manager, Mr. Franklin Gallegos, the company’s internal regulations bar the employment of "physically disabled people and gays."

In 1997, Ecuador was the first in Latin America (and the second in the world, following South Africa) to include specific protection against discrimination based on sexual orientation in its Constitution. In this context, the action of Invescol, especially Mr. Acebo’s sexuality, are irrelevant to his job performance and should not, in any context, be compared to a "physical deficiency" that might render him unable to perform his job properly.

Indeed, while Invescol’s position is impossible to justify, the consequences of their policy are dramatic and conclusive: Alex Franco Acebo is currently unemployed, and is thus unable to attend to his basic survival needs, lacking any support if he happens to fall ill. In this context, if the government of Ecuador does not take action against Invescol, they will have failed to protect and fulfil Mr. Acebo's rights to be free from discrimination and his right to work. Fundación Amigos por la Vida (FAMIVIDA), a local LGBT Rights and HIV/AIDS prevention group, has submitted a complaint against Invescol to the Ecuador’s Labour Ministry.



~

HRC STATEMENT ON HOSTILE CLIMATE AT CONVENTION
‘Their platform and policy record is so divisive and at times discriminatory that it might have even driven Mary Cheney from the RNC stage,’ said HRC President Cheryl Jacques.


WASHINGTON — Human Rights Campaign President Cheryl Jacques released the following statement today regarding the climate at the Republican National Convention.

“All week long, the Republicans have been trying to put forth a moderate message, while their platform and policy record is so divisive and at times discriminatory that it might have even driven Mary Cheney from the RNC stage.

“Instead of talking about the Cheneys being divided on stage, we should be talking about the divide between the president’s discriminatory platform and the fair-minded moderate voters he is appealing to.

“Some of the most notable speakers at this week’s convention — Senator John McCain, Governor Schwarzenegger and former Mayor Giuliani — demonstrate compassionate, moderate Republican leadership. At the same time, the party’s platform is the most discriminatory in modern history. There has been absolutely no mention of important issues like hate violence and workplace discrimination, and the silence from the party leadership following Alan Keyes’ outrageous remarks has been deafening.

37 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger David said...

For all your legal needs Check out our New california notary public
Site

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger 8709 said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger David said...

For all your legal needs Check out our New california notary seminar
Site

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger jon said...

After we paid for our kids whistler summer camp we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger usa said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.I have Site where you can Find sex partnerTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about alternative health improvement center
. It pretty much covers alternative health improvement center
related stuff.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Johnjon said...

Whoa, I came stumbled on a blog pretty similar to yours earlier today. I also have one that pretty much talks about ad classified home work related stuff. You should check it out sometime.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger redsheets said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this natural penis enlargement site, it's pretty awesome too!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger badgirlzz said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about average penis size in uk. It pretty much covers average penis size in uk and other similar topics available.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Wheel Chair Center said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about used electric wheel chair
that covers used electric wheel chair
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger brian said...

Awesome site. I bookmarked it for future use. I also suggest you check out canadian adult sex toy

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger clicking4man said...

For more information related to what is in this blogspeed dating
, you should stop by and see this site. It is full of speed dating
related articles and information.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a safelists site/blog. It pretty much covers safelists related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger aajkal19 said...

It is very quick and easy to list your FSBOHomes For Sale By Owner . In as little as 10 minutes you could be selling your home For Sale By Owner on-line. You can also upload up to 7 color photos to your real estate listing. You pay absolutely no commissions and can change your listing information on-line at any time.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Drunk Grl said...

Hey kari, great blog! I will be back for sure! You might like my site about Young Teen Girls, it's not as cool as your blog, but I'm still working on it, check it out, Young Teen Girls

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger tipsonrelationships said...

This is a terrific blog on the used my chemical romance
. My site on the used my chemical romance
is also a great place to get some valuable information. Stop by when you get a sec....

Thanks

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger blaze said...

I enjoyed your site very much it was a great help looking for info on health insurance portland.
I also have a site with information on health insurance portland and would appreciate it very much if you would take a look and give a critique.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger tipsonrelationships said...

This is a terrific blog on my chemical romance helena video
. My site on my chemical romance helena video
is also a great place to get some valuable information. Stop by when you get a sec....

Thanks

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger all about news and such said...

I just came across your blog about aa route map and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about aa route map so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by aa route map

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger ebaypowerseller2006 said...

For more information related to what is in this blogdating russian woman
, you should stop by and see this site. It is full of dating russian woman
related articles and information.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger clicking4man said...

For more information related to what is in this blogdating or services
, you should stop by and see this site. It is full of dating or services
related articles and information.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger officialloversguide said...

101 Tips For Enhancing Your Love Life!!

You have a very good blog here. Full of divorce mediation
content. Stop by my site if you have time to read more on divorce mediation
.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Doniette said...

How would you like to know about a Fitness Franchise resource, that displays all the Fitness Franchise information on one website? Check out
Fitness Franchise today. Not only do they have a good fitness book section, but they also have great articles on fitness. I was really impressed with the resources their webmster put together.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, you blog is funny and informative. I have a website about improving your adult sex life. Please visit if you want to enjoy sex more in a proper way.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Chuck Reynolds said...

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

new product

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger officialloversguide said...

Hey....you have a wonderful texas divorce attorney
blog here. I also have a texas divorce attorney
site full of useful information. Please stop by when you get time.

Thank you

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger ebaypowerseller2006 said...

101 Tips For Enhancing Your Love Life!!

You have a very good blog here. Full of adult dating chat
content. Stop by my site if you have time to read more on adult dating chat
.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger lovetips2006 said...

I enjoyed reading through your blog. It's full of lots of information about free information marriage saving
and other subjects related to free information marriage saving
.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger blaze said...

Great site very informative topics on ohio medical insurance.
I have been working on a site about ohio medical insurance
and would be very pleased if you would take a look and let me know what you think.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger betterlovemaking said...

Hey....you have a wonderful the spongebob squarepants movie big romance
blog here. I also have a the spongebob squarepants movie big romance
site full of useful information. Please stop by when you get time.

Thank you

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger BankingInformationSite said...

Once again you wrote a great blog post. Please visit this site on banking technology
banking technology

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger lovetips2006 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a california marriage record
. It pretty much covers california marriage record
related stuff. It's full of resources and articles. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Silver Fox said...

Find out how your company rates by using a little known rating system!

Is your company a Scam, Dud, Scheme, Fraud Or Good Opportunity?.

95% of the money-making opportunities on the internet have been worked to death or are not suitable to be marketed through the internet. How does your company and/or opportunity rate… I’ll leave it to you to decide if your service, product and/or money making opportunity falls in this category.

Hurry you may NOT be happy with what you will find!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger jenny said...

great site .

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home