transdada

poetics, time, body disruption and marginally queer solutions

Friday, March 05, 2004

Dear Mr. President,
By STEVE DAVIS
I could not avoid you as your support for a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage blared throughout the airport lounge via CNN.

As I listened to your confusing messages about family and values and politics, I shared sadness with my fellow travelers about your continuing fear-driven approach to leadership. Your defense of traditional marriage rang hollow; rather, it was a poor endorsement for discrimination, ignorance and your conservative political base.


~

Where Is My Gay Apocalypse?
Over 3,500 gay marriages and, what, no hellfire? I was promised hellfire. And riots. What gives? By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist Friday, March 5, 2004
I have been waiting patiently.
I have been staring with great anticipation out the window of my flat here in the heart of San Francisco, sighing heavily, waiting for the riots and the plagues and the screaming monkeys and the blistering rain of inescapable hellfire. I have my camera all ready and everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home